Clinical Trial TitleProspective assessment of premature ventricular contractions suppression in cardiomyopathy (PAPS): A pilot study.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to assess the feasibility of enrolling, randomizing treatment strategies, and retaining participants with frequent premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) and associated cardiomyopathy (CM). Eligible patients will be enrolled and observed for 3 months prior to study intervention. After 3 months, eligible patients will be randomized (1:1) to either treatment with radiofrequency ablation or antiarrhythmic drug (AAD) therapy.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have left ventricular dysfunction (calculated LVEF ≤45%).
- Have an average PVC burden ≥10% by ambulatory ECG Holter Monitor.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are currently taking amiodarone or have taken within last 2 months.
- Are currently using any Class I or III AAD
- Have a contraindication to amiodarone use or any other class III AAD
- Have a diagnosis of severe coronary artery disease (CAD) or severe valvular heart disease.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.