How is your heart? There's no better time to find out. The Rush Heart Score CT Scan is a quick and painless way to discover any potential problems.
Using advanced, multidetector CT scanning technology, the Rush Heart Score CT Scan allows our doctors to examine a detailed, 3D image of your heart to help detect plaque build-up — before symptoms occur.
Why is a Heart CT Scan Important?
Up to 35% of people who suffer a heart attack experienced no previous symptoms. This makes the Heart Score a valuable tool for the prevention and early detection of heart disease. And knowing your risk will help put your mind at ease.
You don't need a physician referral if you are 40 years of age or older.
What Can a Heart CT Scan Detect?
The heart CT scan can reveal several types of heart abnormalities, including the following:
- Plaque build-up in the coronary arteries (to determine your risk for heart disease)
- Congenital heart disease (heart problems present at birth, which can cause health issues in adulthood if left untreated)
- Heart valve defects and diseases
- Blockages in the arteries that supply the heart
- Tumors or masses in the heart
- Problems with the heart's ability to pump
Who Should Get a Heart CT Scan?
You should consider scheduling a Heart CT Scan if you are between the ages of 40 and 75, have not previously been diagnosed with heart disease and have at least two of these risk factors:
- Family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Physically inactive
Rush Excellence in Heart CT Scans
- Among the best in the nation: Rush University Medical Center was named among the best in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery care by U.S. News & World Report. Rush Copley Medical Center is also recognized as a high-performing hospital in heart failure by U.S. News and World Report.
- Quick testing: The scan itself takes just about 5 minutes. But you can expect your appointment to be about 30 minutes long to allow time for check-in and questionnaire completion. You'll receive your results quickly.
- Testing available close to home: Rush offers heart CT scans at a number of convenient Rush locations in Chicago, Aurora/Fox Valley and the suburbs.