Whether you have osteoporosis and need expert care or you want to know your risk, the Rush Osteoporosis Center can help.
The center’s services start with expert diagnosis:
- You’ll have the benefit of bone mineral density testing with a state-of-the-art DEXA system.
- To look for possible breaks in your spine, the center offers a new technology — called vertebral fracture assessment.
- The center has an onsite laboratory to measure your blood levels of vitamin D, calcium and various hormones to find possible cause of your osteoporosis.
- Other imaging tests are available onsite for diagnosis and follow up.
Once we have a diagnostic report, we’ll promptly get the results to you — and to your referring physician. We’ll then work together to create a treatment plan that meets your individual needs.
To create that plan, we may consult with specialists in other fields — like physical medicine and rehabilitation, geriatrics, endocrinology and orthopedic surgery. Your care team may also include physical therapists and nutritionists. These specialists can help people with osteoporosis by providing services such as the following:
- Education and medical care to optimize bone health
- Information on ways to make your home safe to avoid falls
- Tips on developing an exercise plan to improve your bone strength
- Rehabilitation and balance improvement
- Counseling on diet and nutrition
- Care for bone fractures