From heart disease and arrhythmias to heart failure, you have access to world-renowned heart experts and close-to-home care.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Heart Care
U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center among the best in the nation in cardiology and heart surgery. Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital were also recognized as high-performing hospitals in heart failure.
The Rush Approach to Heart Care
Your heart health is vital to your everyday life — and at Rush, we're here to assess your risk factors and provide the most convenient course of treatment. Patients work closely with our experts to build their individualized heart care plan, backed by evidence-based treatments like angioplasty, minimally invasive surgery or medications such as beta-blockers.
Whether you have a family history of heart disease or you need follow-up care from a recent procedure, we'll offer you the newest, most effective treatments and services to help make your heart stronger and healthier.
Our Areas of Care
Innovative treatments for all types of valve disease in adults.
Providing management and treatment options for patients genetically prone to high cholesterol or who do not respond to traditional medications.
Advanced diagnostic and treatment options for patients with an arrhythmia or congestive heart failure.
Evaluation and medical care to protect your heart before, during and after cancer treatment.
Preventing the cognitive decline that can result from heart disease, atrial fibrillation and stroke.
Diagnosing and treating all types of heart and vascular problems, including coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and aortic aneurysms.
Recognizing the signs and symptoms of heart failure and recommending the appropriate treatment.
Setting standards of excellence in patient care that leads to improved health outcomes for people of all ages.
Diagnosing and treating narrowed blood vessels, structural heart disease and other heart and vascular issues.
Offering comprehensive heart risk assessment and a variety of services for helping you prevent heart disease and stroke.
The first heart program in Chicago devoted exclusively to women, providing preventive care and treatments to women with heart and vascular problems, or those at risk for them.
If you have recently suffered a heart attack or undergone bypass surgery, we will create a personalized course of treatments and services to help you get back on track.
Rush Excellence in Heart Care
- The difference in women’s heart care: We understand the personalized nature of heart risks for women. You’ll have access to a full range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment options focused on your unique risk factors and symptoms.
- Prevention and screening: We offer heart screenings, such as heart CT scans, to gauge your heart health and help you prevent heart disease. And you don’t need a prescription or a doctor’s referral.
- Nationally ranked for cardiac bypass surgery: The Society of Thoracic Surgeons has designated thoracic surgery at Rush a three-star program — the society’s highest rating — for coronary bypass graft surgery.
- Access to groundbreaking treatments and trials: We’re committed to advancing cardiovascular care with research. Through our clinical trials, you have access to many of the latest innovations, from minimally invasive procedures to new medications — all of which improve the recovery and care experience of our patients.
- Convenient care: With locations across Chicago, the western suburbs and Aurora/Fox Valley, our heart experts are close to where you live and work. Our telemedicine options also allow you to have scheduled video visits with your provider. Even if you have tests or procedures at Rush University Medical Center, you can schedule follow-up appointments close to home in Oak Brook, Oak Park or Aurora.