The modern-day house call for your child.
Please note: Rush is now offering video visits for concerns related to COVID-19. Learn more.
You can now save your child a trip to the pediatrician’s office by connecting to a Rush provider using your smartphone or computer. Through E-Visits at Rush — our online diagnosis and treatment system — children can get the care they need for many common conditions, without ever leaving your home.
Click your way to routine health care for your child
E-Visits at Rush is available for your child if they meet the following criteria:
- Are between three months and 11 years old (up to their 12th birthday)
- Had a visit with a provider at Rush University Medical Group in the last three years
- Have an active MyChart account
Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Log on to your child’s MyChart account. If you haven’t signed your child up for MyChart, free access to your child’s online health record, you’ll need to do that first. Sign up for MyChart now.
- Once you’re in your child’s MyChart account, click on the “Start an E-Visit” under Quick Links.
- Fill out a secure online questionnaire including several questions, depending on your child’s condition.
- In less than an hour, you’ll receive a MyChart message with a diagnosis and treatment plan created by a Rush provider. This plan will include any needed prescriptions, which Rush will send to your pharmacy of choice to be filled.
E-Visits at Rush is not for emergencies. If your child has an urgent medical need, call 911 — or visit your nearest emergency department or urgent care facility.
Convenient care for your child
E-Visits at Rush are available seven days a week. On the Fourth of July, video visits will be closed. Normal service will resume on Sunday, 7/5.
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekends
If you complete an E-Visit at Rush questionnaire outside these hours, you will receive a response within an hour after services at Rush begin again at 8 a.m.
Below are common conditions for children that we can treat through E-Visits at Rush:
* You’ll need to upload a photo in the E-Visit questionnaire.
If your child needs treatment for a condition other than these, find a Rush pediatrician or family medicine doctor near you or call (312) 942-3034 to make an appointment. If your child needs a consultation for COVID-19, please try video visits, now available for children.
To promote safety and wellness in our community, we will submit claims for e-visits directly to your insurance carrier and you will not need to pay an upfront fee for your visit. If we do not have your insurance on file or if you do not currently have coverage, we may follow up with you after your visit. In some instances, copays or co-insurance may apply. The standard patient out of pocket expense for an e-Visit is $30 or less.
E-Visits for adults
E-Visits at Rush is also available for adults.
On-demand video visits
Rush now also offers on-demand video visits for kids. Video visits are available to children of all ages for cough, cold/flu and concern for novel coronavirus. Video visits for kids are restricted to these topics and are currently offered free of charge.