The modern-day house call for your child.
Please note: Rush is now offering video visits for concerns related to COVID-19. Learn more.
You can now save your child a trip to the pediatrician’s office by connecting to a Rush provider using your smartphone or computer. Through E-Visits at Rush — our online diagnosis and treatment system — children can get the care they need for many common conditions, without ever leaving your home.
Click your way to routine health care for your child
E-Visits at Rush is available for your child if they meet the following criteria:
- Are between three months and 11 years old (up to their 12th birthday)
- Children between the ages of 12 and 18 should use on-demand video visits.
- Had a visit with a provider at Rush University Medical Group in the last three years
- Have an active MyChart account
Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Log on to your child’s MyChart account. If you haven’t signed your child up for MyChart, free access to your child’s online health record, you’ll need to do that first. Sign up for MyChart now.
- Once you’re in your child’s MyChart account, click on the “ E-Visit” under the Find Care menu.
- Fill out a secure online questionnaire including several questions, depending on your child’s condition.
- In less than an hour, you’ll receive a MyChart message with a diagnosis and treatment plan created by a Rush provider. This plan will include any needed prescriptions, which Rush will send to your pharmacy of choice to be filled.
E-Visits at Rush is not for emergencies. If your child has an urgent medical need, call 911 — or visit your nearest emergency department or urgent care facility.
If you have questions or concerns about E-Visits for kids that are not addressed here, please contact (312) 563-0372.
Convenient care for your child
E-Visits are available 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
You may submit an E-Visit at any time but if you complete an online physician visit outside these hours or on certain holidays, it may take us longer to get back to you.
Below are common conditions for children that we can treat through E-Visits at Rush:
- Diaper rash*
- Head lice
- Red eye*
* You’ll need to upload a photo in the E-Visit questionnaire.
If your child needs treatment for a condition other than these, find a Rush pediatrician or family medicine doctor near you or call (312) 942-3034 to make an appointment. If your child needs a consultation for COVID-19, please try video visits, now available for children.
We’ve recently updated our payment process and insurance coverage for E-Visits. Your payment will be determined after your visit based on your care and insurance plan. We may bill you and/or your insurance for the relevant amount after your appointment. You may be charged a copay that you can choose to pay at the time of your visit or later.
E-Visits for adults
E-Visits at Rush is also available for adults.
On-demand video visits
Rush now also offers on-demand video visits for kids.