The modern-day house call for your child — and it’s only $30.
You can now save your child a trip to the pediatrician’s office by connecting to a Rush provider using your smartphone or computer. Through E-Visits at Rush — our online diagnosis and treatment system — children can get the care they need for many common conditions, without ever leaving your home.
Click your way to routine health care for your child
E-Visits at Rush is available for your child if they meet the following criteria:
- Are between three months and 11 years old (up to their 12th birthday)
- Had a visit with a provider at Rush University Medical Group in the last three years
- Have an active MyChart account
Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Log on to your child’s MyChart account. If you haven’t signed your child up for MyChart, free access to your child’s online health record, you’ll need to do that first. Sign up for MyChart now.
- Once you’re in your child’s MyChart account, click on the “Start an E-Visit” under Quick Links.
- Fill out a secure online questionnaire including several questions, depending on your child’s condition.
- In less than an hour, you’ll receive a MyChart message with a diagnosis and treatment plan created by a Rush provider. This plan will include any needed prescriptions, which Rush will send to your pharmacy of choice to be filled.
E-Visits at Rush is not for emergencies. If your child has an urgent medical need, call 911 — or visit your nearest emergency department or urgent care facility.
Convenient care for your child
E-Visits at Rush are available seven days a week.
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekends
If you complete an E-Visit at Rush questionnaire outside these hours, you will receive a response within an hour after services at Rush begin again at 8 a.m.
Below are common conditions for children that we can treat through E-Visits at Rush:
* You’ll need to upload a photo in the E-Visit questionnaire.
If your child needs treatment for a condition other than these, find a Rush pediatrician or family medicine doctor near you or call (312) 942-3034 to make an appointment.
Rush doesn’t bill insurance for E-Visits at Rush. Your credit, debit or health savings account (HSA) card will be charged $30 after you receive your diagnosis.
If it turns out that we need to see your child before we can diagnose your child’s condition, we’ll help you schedule an in-person appointment, and you will not be charged for the E-Visit.
E-Visits for adults
E-Visits at Rush is also available for adults.