Welcome to Rush Nursing.
I encourage you to explore the Rush Nursing section to gain insight into this exceptional environment for the practice of nursing.
Rush Nursing has a long, strong history of interprofessional collaboration and practice autonomy that dates back to the pioneer in nursing, Luther Christman. Today, we strive to continue his legacy to serve as the bellwether for change in nursing practice and transformation of health care.
Rush nurses enjoy a professional practice that allows for growth and development and serve as integral members of the interdisciplinary team. Their professional practice encourages autonomy and leadership and recognizes their important contribution to patient safety and quality outcomes.
Rush University Medical Center nurses are on the front line of the hospital's efforts to provide quality care. They have received Magnet status four consecutive times for making outstanding nursing care the standard at the Medical Center.
Angelique L. Richard, RN, PhD
Chief Nursing Officer
Looking for more information?
- Read the Rush Nursing annual report.
- Learn more about nursing at Rush, including Rush's Magnet designation, nursing practice model, nursing departments and evidence-based practice and research.
- Learn about nursing at Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Learn about the Rush University College of Nursing.
- Interested in a nursing job at Rush University Medical Center? Learn about joining the Rush nursing team.