Excellence also means that Rush hospitals are consistently ranked as some of the top hospitals in the country when it comes to quality care, patient safety and innovation.
- Nationally ranked care. U.S. News & World Report has consistently ranked multiple Rush University Medical Center programs among the best in the nation.
- Top patient safety ratings. For another consecutive year, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital have earned grade “A” ratings for patient safety: the highest possible score in the industry.
- Four-star hospitals. Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital all have received four stars for hospital quality in the latest ratings from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Nursing excellence. Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital have both received Magnet status, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. All three Rush hospitals have received the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Ranked No. 1 in quality. Vizient’s 2019 Quality and Accountability Study ranked Rush University Medical Center No. 1 in the nation for quality among the nation’s most prestigious academic medical centers. The study evaluates academic medical centers against important dimensions of care, including effectiveness, patient safety and patient centeredness.
And that’s just the beginning. Check out the other ways we’ve been recognized for excellence.
Rush University in Chicago offers more than 40 degree and certificate programs across medicine, nursing, allied health and biomedical research; more than 60 postgraduate training programs for medical residents and fellows; and continuing education options. What sets Rush University apart? The faculty — experienced practitioners who bring forward-thinking approaches to learning. The opportunities for growth — whether it’s through clinical training, community service, research or campus activities. And, of course, the location — a world-class medical center in a world-class city. Explore the Rush experience and discover what our supportive learning community has to offer.
We can’t talk about excellence without talking about the people behind all that we do at Rush.
Our staff, physicians, nurses, researchers and other clinicians are deeply invested in our patients and the communities we serve.
By working at Rush, you’ll join a proud, dedicated team of professionals that makes excellence the daily standard. A destination for the nation’s top talent, Rush exemplifies a team-based culture in which the outcomes are among the nation’s best.
Our generous donors, partners, alumni and friends play a vital role in supporting Rush’s efforts to help people live healthier lives, find treatments for complex diseases and conditions, educate passionate caregivers and create better access to proper health care.
Get care wherever you are in as little as 20 minutes. Our online doctor visits are fast, easy and convenient. They let you connect with Rush providers from your phone or computer to get care for over 20 conditions including cold, flu, red eyes and sore throat. With video visits, you can connect directly to a Rush provider through a secure video chat to get a treatment plan or prescriptions. You can also do an E-Visit via email by simply filling out an online questionnaire and getting a treatment plan back via a MyChart message. Online doctor visits are available to anyone 18 or older, even if you've never been a patient at Rush.