Clinical Trial TitleOPN-375 efficacy and safety in adolescents with bilateral nasal polyps.
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT03747458
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of intranasal administration of OPN-375 186 μg Twice a Day (BID) versus placebo in adolescents with bilateral nasal polyposis and nasal congestion by analyzing the reduction of nasal congestion/obstruction symptoms at the end of Week 4 measured by the 7-day average instantaneous morning diary symptom scores and the reduction in total polyp grade at Week 16 as determined by a nasal polyp grading scale score measured using a 0 to 6 point severity grading scale.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are male or female, 12 to 17 years of age, inclusive, at time of Visit 1 (Screening).
- Female subjects, if sexually active, must:
- Be practicing an effective method of birth control (e.g., prescription oral contraceptives, contraceptive injections, contraceptive patch, intrauterine device, double-barrier method [e.g., condoms, diaphragm, or cervical cap with spermicidal foam, cream, or gel], or male partner sterilization) before entry and throughout the study, or be surgically sterile, (have had a hysterectomy or bilateral oophorectomy, tubal ligation, or otherwise be incapable of pregnancy), or agree to abstinence.
- All female subjects not documented to be infertile (e.g., infertility due to congenital abnormality or surgical sterilization) must have a negative serum or urine beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (β-hCG) at Visit 1 (Screening) and a negative urine pregnancy test at the Visit 2 (Day 1/Randomization/Baseline).
- Have bilateral nasal polyposis with a grade of 1 to 3 in each of the nasal cavities as determined by a nasal polyp grading scale score measured by nasoendoscopy at Visit 1 (Screening).
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.
Clinical Trial Investigator
RUSH University Medical Center
1620 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612