Transient Ischemic Attack Study (POINT)
The purpose of this study is to determine whether taking Plavix and aspirin for 90 days immediately following a minor stroke or TIA will decrease the risk for another event.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
Have neurological deficit (based on history or exam) attributed to focal brain ischemia and either of the follwoing apply:
- Have high-risk TIA: complete resolution of the deficit at the time of randomization and ABCD2 score of (greater than or equal to) 4.
- Have minor ischemic stroke: residual deficit with NIHSS of (less than or equal to) 3 at the time of randomization.
- Have ability to randomize within 12 hours of time last known free of new ischemic symptoms.
- Are able to tolerate aspirin at a dose of 50-325 mg/day.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Don't have need for anticoagulation therapy or GI bleeding problems.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements.