Clinical Trial TitleStudy of genes associated with Parkinson’s disease (PD) from people all over the world.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to genetically test for genes associated with Parkinson’s disease (PD). Your genes will be tested to see if there is a link between certain genes and whether or not you are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Worldwide, 10,000 patients will be recruited for this study. At Rush University Medical Center we expect to recruit approximately 200 patients.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Speak English.
- Have one of the following:
- Have clinically diagnosed PD.
- Are a family member of a participant with LRRK2 parkinsonism.
- Are a member of a high risk population with an early PD onset.
- Are at least 18 years of age.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are not suffering from Parkinson’s disease or are not a family member of a participant with LRRK2 parkinsonism or are not a member of a high risk population.
- Are younger than 18 years of age.
- Have previously enrolled in the study.
- Are in custody.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.