Clinical Trial TitleDiet-microbiome interactions and Parkinson’s disease.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to study the relationship between diet and the microbiome contributing to Parkinson’s disease. The study consists of only one visit, in which blood draw and nasal swab are performed. Subjects will also complete stool sample collection and questionnaires.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 40 to 80 years of age.
- Have been previously diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
- Have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease stage between 1 and 4.
- Are willing to participate in the study.
- Are a healthy spouse or 1st degree relative of a Parkinson’s patient.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a history of gastrointestinal diseases.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.
Clinical Trial Investigator
Ali Keshavarzian, MD
RUSH University Medical Center
1620 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612