For patients who received a letter on improperly disclosed information by a claims processing vendor, read more.
Study of Diet-Microbiome Interactions and Parkinson’s Disease
The purpose of this study is to study the relationship between diet and the microbiome contributing to Parkinson’s disease. The study consists of only one visit, in which blood draw and nasal swab are performed. Subjects will also complete stool sample collection and questionnaires.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 40 to 80 years of age.
- Have been previously diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
- Have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease stage between 1 and 4.
- Are willing to participate in the study.
- Are a healthy spouse or 1st degree relative of a Parkinson’s patient.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a history of gastrointestinal diseases.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.