Clinical Trial TitleStudy of the role constipation plays in Parkinson’s disease by comparing the microbiome of Parkinson’s disease patients to that of healthy controls.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to identify what reasons or causes may influence constipation in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD). This study askes for participants to attend one visit that lasts up to 6 hours. Approximately 120 participants are expected to take part in this study at Rush University Medical Center.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 50 and 89 years of age.
- Have constipation.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a history of GI diseases.
- Have used an antibiotic in the last 12 weeks.
- Use a probiotic supplement; except yogurt.
- Have chronic use of NSAIDS.
- Have had recent intentional change in diet.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.