At Rush University Medical Center, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.
Study of Constipation in Patients with Parkinson’s Disease
The purpose of this study is to identify what reasons or causes may influence constipation in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD). This study askes for participants to attend one visit that lasts up to 6 hours. Approximately 120 participants are expected to take part in this study at Rush University Medical Center.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 50 and 89 years of age.
- Have constipation.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a history of GI diseases.
- Have used an antibiotic in the last 12 weeks.
- Use a probiotic supplement; except yogurt.
- Have chronic use of NSAIDS.
- Have had recent intentional change in diet.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.