Clinical Trial TitleNivolumab after surgery and chemotherapy in treating patients non-small cell lung cancer.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to find out if adding the study drug, nivolumab, after surgery and chemotherapy will limit lung cancer from growing back in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer. Nivolumab is a drug that may turn on the body’s immune system to attack any cancer cells that may remain after surgery.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a woman or man, 18 years of age or older, who has undergone complete surgical resection of their stage IB, II, or IIIA non-small cell lung cancer.
- Have an ECOG performance status of 0-1.
- Have completed a screening study prior to enrollment.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have had prior treatment with an immune checkpoint inhibitor (anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, anti-CTLA4 monoclonal antibody).
- Have not completed and/or recovered from any adjuvant chemotherapy 2 or more weeks prior to enrollment.
- Have concurrent illness such as serious ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, unstable angina pectoris, uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia, or psychiatric illness/social situation that would limit compliance with study requirements.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.