Clinical Trial TitleThe Better Energy through Lifestyle for Tradesmen: BELT Study
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT05386238
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The goal of this study is to compare two treatment approaches to helping men working in fields like construction, manufacturing, and transportation improve their health through making changes to their eating and activity. Both treatments are 6 months long and include nutrition education, physical activity coaching, and behavior change strategies. One group will receive a program tailored to men working in the trades and the other will receive a previously tested program. Both programs will be delivered online. 60 men are needed for this study.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a man and at least 18 years of age.
- Work in a field such as manufacturing, construction or transportation.
- Are overweight or obese (BMI above 25).
- Are able to exercise safely at home.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Work primarily in management or work part-time.
- Are not willing to attend group sessions held online regularly for the duration of the program.
- Have a major medical or psychiatric condition likely to interfere with treatment.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.