Because we are an academic health system, Rush University System for Health has a special mandate to ensure that this commitment to an environment of inclusion is evident not just to our community and our patients, but also to our employees, students and physicians.
Our commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, equity and inclusion is a critical part of our DNA at Rush. We are dedicated to fostering an environment where everyone — our employees and anyone who enters our doors — is treated fairly and with respect.
At Rush, we understand that excellence is for everyone. We demonstrate our dedication to achieving a diverse workforce by applying affirmative initiatives, equal opportunity and a nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.
We encourage people with all types of disabilities to consider joining our team and to explore our career opportunities. Contact the HR Recruitment team to request a reasonable accommodation if you are a person with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or to apply for a job on this site.
At Rush, we want military veterans to feel our support and to find the tools they need to succeed. Contact the HR Recruitment team to request a reasonable accommodation if you are a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or to apply for a job on this site.
Learn More About the Inclusive Environment at Rush
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Overview of relevant programs and initiatives for all members of the Rush community.
- Commitment to LGBTQ+ Health Care: About the Rush culture of inclusion and equal treatment for patients, visitors, students and employees who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or questioning and other sexual identities (LGBTQ+).
- Disability Rights and Accommodations: Overview of services and programs, as well as contacts for disability-related assistance, questions or concerns, for all members of the Rush community.
- Accessibility Resources and Services for Patients: How Rush provides a safe, accommodating and respectful care environment for patients.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Rush's commitment to equal employment opportunity, including contact information to request an accommodation for a disability.