Excellence . . . It's How We Work
At Rush, we know it’s the talent of our outstanding health care team that allows us to make excellence our starting point. Our Employee Referral Program offers substantial incentives for you to refer people you know for hard-to-fill positions. Once the candidate you refer has completed six months of employment, you’ll receive a referral bonus of as much as $5,000.
Effective June 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021 (referrals must be received within this time frame to qualify for the bonus).
This bonus is exclusive for hires at Rush River North or Rush South Loop.
For any full-time critical care nurse hired on 10E, 10W, 11E, 11W or clinical staffing office.
Eligible Positions: $3,000 Bonus
(excludes RN Residency, RN new grads and Per Diem)
Adult Critical Care
Clinical Staffing Office
Medical / Surgical
Women & Children’s
OR / PACU
Clinical Nurse Specialists
(excludes Per Diem)
(excludes Per Diem)
Eligible Positions: $2,000 Bonus
Eligible Positions: $1,500 Bonus
Speech Language Pathologists
Coding Compliance Coordinators
Clinical Laboratory Scientists
Rules and Eligibility
- Leaders (managers and above) and Human Resources staff are not eligible to refer applicants as part of this program.
- Employees involved in the hiring decision for a particular position are not eligible for a referral bonus for that position.
- Referrals from agency or current contract staff who have current work assignments with Rush University Medical Center or have ended a work assignment within the preceding two years are not eligible to be candidates in this program.
- Candidates must be referred by a current Rush University Medical Center employee. Candidates cannot be current employees of Rush University Medical Center or have been employed by Rush University Medical Center in the preceding two years.
- Both the referring employee and the referred employee must be employed by Rush University Medical Center at the time of payout (six months after hire).
- Bonus amounts will be pro-rated at 50% for part-time positions.
- Only one referral bonus can be given per candidate. If a candidate is referred by more than one employee, the first referral received will be the one awarded if the candidate is hired.
- In order to receive the referral bonus, the referring employee's name must be entered by the candidate on his or her online application.
- All referral bonus payouts are subject to applicable tax withholdings.
- In order to receive the referral bonus, the referring employee must submit the referral form prior to an offer being extended in order to be eligible for a payout.
- Eligible positions will be determined by Human Resources according to current organizational needs.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on the job requirements and competencies. Human Resources reserves the right to determine if an individual meets the qualifications of the position.
- Based on market conditions and hiring needs, Rush reserves the right to amend, interpret, terminate or suspend this program at any time.