When you join Rush, you'll join an internationally renowned academic medical system that puts one goal above all others — providing outstanding care. A destination for top health care talent, Rush exemplifies a team-based culture in which the outcomes are among the nation’s best. Here are some of the reasons why.
Excellence is the reason Rush hospitals are consistently ranked as some of the top hospitals in the country when it comes to quality care, patient safety and innovation. What does excellence look like? For a more comprehensive overview, see our recognitions and accreditations page. Below are a few highlights:
- Nursing excellence: All of our hospitals — Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital — have received Magnet designation, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence.
- High CMS ratings: All three Rush hospitals received high marks for quality and patient experience from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), with Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital earning five-star ratings (highest designation) and Rush Copley Medical Center earning four stars.
- Top patient safety ratings: For another consecutive year, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital earned grade “A” ratings for patient safety: the highest possible score in the industry.
- Among the nation's elite hospitals: U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center No. 17 in the nation out of nearly 3,000 hospitals evaluated.
Investing in Your Professional Growth
- Free classes and training programs to help you improve your skills and performance
- Tuition assistance and financial support to help you pursue degree programs or pay for non-degree courses that support your current and future career goals
Valuing Your Contributions
- Competitive salaries
- Generous employee benefits package
- Employee award programs
- Events to recognize outstanding achievements by staff, leaders and teams
Caring for Your Well-Being
- Free personal and professional development programs
- Short-term counseling services
- Information about resources for childcare and eldercare, legal support and financial planning
- Guides to help you care for yourself emotionally, mentally, physically and financially
Seeking Your Point of View
- Town hall meetings to keep you informed and give you an opportunity to ask questions of leadership
- Regular surveys that allow you to share your thoughts and feelings about the institution and your work environment
Rush University in Chicago is the academic engine of Rush University System for Health. The University offers more than 40 degree and certificate programs across medicine, nursing, allied health and biomedical research; more than 60 postgraduate training programs for medical residents and fellows; and continuing education options.
The University elevates clinical care and nurtures an atmosphere where lifelong learning is a watchword.
As an employee, you'll have the chance to pursue degree programs at the University with tuition assistance available for most programs.