RUSH employees work at three award-winning hospitals in Aurora, Chicago and Oak Park, as well as more than 30 other locations in Chicago and the suburbs. The nearly 13,000 people on our team across the Rush University System for Health are united by a drive for discovery, innovation and deep responsibility for the health of our communities.
RUSH University Medical Center
A U.S. News top 20 hospital, RUSH University Medical Center has been part of the Chicago landscape longer than any other health care institution in the city. Our commitment to providing high-quality patient care is unmistakable. The well-being of the patients we serve is the central focus of our mission and the driving force behind everything we do: clinical services, educational programs, research and outreach to our local community.
RUSH University Medical Center is located less than three miles from Chicago's central business district. It sits in the heart of the Illinois Medical District, which covers 560 acres and is one of the largest such districts in the country. It’s home to a rich array of patient care organizations, medical research facilities, laboratories and emerging biotech businesses.
Chicago itself hardly needs an introduction. Rich in history and diverse in culture, it boasts many attractions:
- Spectacular art and architecture
- A thriving theater district
- World-class restaurants
- Professional and collegiate sport teams
- Endless shopping
- Miles of beautiful beaches along Lake Michigan
- Lush parks
- Engaging and entertaining museums
Learn more about everything Chicago has to offer.
RUSH Copley Medical Center
At RUSH Copley, patients experience a unique blend of leading-edge medicine and the heartfelt compassion of dedicated professionals. Safe, quality care is our focus; nearly all of our outcomes exceed national standards. Physically, RUSH Copley is widely considered to be one of the most impressive health care facilities in the Midwest. A ranch-style, two-story building with convenient patient care entrances, the medical center is situated on 98 acres of beautiful landscape, offering spectacular views from patient rooms, all of which are private. Main corridors and solariums are inviting glass walkways. And the hospital's many courtyards give visitors and patients a soothing respite amid natural settings.
- Read more about RUSH Copley Medical Center.
- Learn more about RUSH Copley Healthplex Fitness Center, located on the RUSH Copley campus.
- Learn about awards, recognitions and accreditations for RUSH Copley Medical Center and the RUSH System.
RUSH Copley Medical Center is located 40 miles west of downtown Chicago in Aurora, the second most populous city in Illinois. Parts of the city of Aurora sit in four of the metropolitan area's eight counties: Primarily in DuPage and Kane, parts of the city are also in Kendall County and Will County. Aurora and its neighboring communities have much to offer for lovers of the arts, for outdoor adventurers and for family fun.
The list below represents a small sampling of the many attractions of Aurora and the greater Fox Valley:
- Aurora Riverfront, rich with dining and shopping venues — and overflowing with outdoor adventure opportunities, including hiking, biking and canoeing
- Paramount Theatre, a stunning exemplar of art deco design and one of the metropolitan area's best venues for top-quality entertainment, including major theatrical productions
- RiverEdge Park, designed to host a wide variety of recreational activities and entertainment in a breathtaking setting along the Fox River
- The state's largest water park in Yorkville, southwest of Aurora
- Also in Yorkville: the Marge Cline Whitewater Course on the Fox River, a destination for area kayakers and canoeists
RUSH Copley Medical Center is looking for highly qualified candidates in all fields. We have a special need for top candidates for these positions:
- Medical assistants
- Nurses and clinical support staff
Search and apply for staff positions at RUSH Copley Medical Center.
Search and apply for staff positions at RUSH Copley Healthplex.
Explore provider and faculty positions.
RUSH Oak Park Hospital
RUSH Oak Park Hospital has provided exceptional health care in Chicago's western suburbs for more than a century. Our campus is home to the 135,000-square-foot RUSH Medical Office Building, which houses approximately 30 medical offices and an advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system. The building also includes an outpatient pharmacy. A community education area on the second floor provides space for patient health screenings, lectures and community gatherings — helping us fulfill our longstanding commitment to making a difference in our community.
- Read more about RUSH Oak Park Hospital.
- Learn about awards, recognitions and accreditations for RUSH Oak Park Hospital and the RUSH System.
Bordering the city on both its east and north sides, the Village of Oak Park calls itself "Chicago's fun next-door neighbor." Oak Park is known for its splendid tree-lined streets, its diverse population and a storied history that includes being the birthplace of Ernest Hemingway and comedy great Bob Newhart, among many other notables. Famed architect and designer Frank Lloyd Wright lived in Oak Park for 20 years, from 1889 until 1909 — walking around Oak Park, you are very likely to pass a house designed by the architectural master, perhaps even the home and studio where he worked and raised a family.
Other Oak Park attractions include a vibrant downtown area, multiple shopping venues, an eclectic arts district, high-quality schools, a wide variety of dining options and a strong community spirit.