At Affirm: The RUSH Center for Gender, Sexuality and Reproductive Health, our mission is to ensure that members of the LGBTQ+ community receive the excellent care RUSH is known for across all areas and specialties.
We welcome you to join us in advancing this mission and make your voice heard as a member of our Affirm Community Advisory Board.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Propose ideas for how Affirm can enhance its services
- Offer feedback on how well Affirm and RUSH welcome and care for patients who identify as LGBTQ+
- Advise Affirm and RUSH leadership on decisions about current and future services
What to expect
The Affirm Community Advisory Board meets quarterly — both in person and virtually. Meeting topics can include the following:
- LGBTQ+ patient experience
- Affirm and RUSH services
- Program offerings
- Policy input
- Other topics chosen by members
Our advisory board members
Applicants for the advisory board must meet the following requirements:
- Identify as LGBTQ+
- Be age 18 or older
- Be an existing patient of RUSH, who has received treatment in the past 12 months
- Attend all quarterly meetings
- Commit to one year of service on the advisory board
- Review provided materials before meetings
Ready to apply?
If you’re interested in becoming an advisory board member, apply by Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023.
Applicants who are selected for consideration will be invited to participate in an informal, virtual interview before final selections are made. The first Affirm Community Advisory Board meeting will convene in March 2023.
If you have any questions about the Affirm Community Advisory Board or LGBTQ+ care at RUSH, please contact email@example.com.