Rush Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Care support services help patients maximize their movement, coordination and quality of life.
For the health and safety of our participants, many of our movement disorders in-person programs have been suspended until further notice.
The following programs are currently available virtually.
Virtual Support Groups
The movement disorders support group provides support and education for people living with Parkinson's disease or other movement disorders.
- Rush Copley Medical Center location and time: Meets virtually on Thursdays at 1 p.m. Please call (630) 499-6681 to register.
- Rush University Medical Center location and time: Meets virtually on the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Please call Luci Blasucci, RN, at (312) 563-2900 to register.
- Rush Oak Park Hospital location and time: Meets virtually on the second Saturday of each month at 9:30 a.m. Please call Luci Blasucci, RN, at (312) 563-2900 to register.
Our goal for music therapy is to increase speech intelligibility, pitch and loudness, improve respiratory strength and provide relaxation.
- Rush Copley Medical Center location and time: Therapy sessions are held virtually on Tuesdays at 1 p.m. Please call (630) 499-6681 to register
Exercise therapy can help with your walking, balance, coordination and emotional health.
- Rush Copley Medical Center: Exercise classes are now available virtually for current patients. Please speak with your provider for more information.
Art therapy can help you cope with movement disorders symptoms and stress. It has been shown to enhance cognitive abilities (i.e., your ability to think, problem solve, pay attention, remember, etc.).
- Rush Copley Medical Center: At this time, we are not offering art therapy. We look forward to working with you in the future.