The Department of Ophthalmology offers a full range of consulting, diagnostic and treatment services for all conditions that affect your eyes.
For people interested in laser vision correction, the department offers many options. These include the following:
- LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis)
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy)
- LASEK (laser epithelial keratomileusis)
Eye doctors at Rush are not only experts at performing these surgeries. They also teach others and are active in research on these technologies.
In addition to laser vision correction, the department offers care for patients in the following areas:
- Cornea and external diseases
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and other oculoplastic surgery
- Eye cancer
- Neuro-ophthalmology (for disorders affecting the eyes and the brain)
- Retina and vitreous diseases
- Uveitis and other inflammatory conditions
The department's expertise also includes pediatric ophthalmology. Eye care for children ranges from routine examinations to treatment for common and rare pediatric eye problems.