At the core of the nursing professional practice model at Rush are relationships, caring and leadership. The Rush nurse provides compassionate, holistic care while serving as a leader and advocate to ensure patient needs are met. This combination of empathy and leadership creates an environment that encourages autonomy and innovation, where every patient receives evidence-based care.
Rush Oak Park Hospital Nursing Clinical Rotations
Nursing clinical rotations are offered in a variety of settings throughout the hospital with contracted schools.
Possible rotations for undergraduate students include nursing and certified nursing assistant rotations.
To request rotations at Rush Oak Park Hospital, please complete the clinical rotation request form and send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are deadlines for receiving clinical rotation requests:
- Fall: August 17
- Spring: December 13
- Summer: April 19
After receiving confirmation that your rotation request has been accepted, please submit the following documents at least two weeks prior to the start of the rotation:
- Letter of compliance: Include all students and Instructors
- Student packet: To be completed by each student and instructor
- IT badge access request form: To be completed by each student and instructor (needs Rush network access, fill out on first day of clinical)
- Pyxis access form for instructors: For nursing clinical groups who will be administering medications.
- Pyxis access form for students: For immersion/capstone students ONLY
No photographs or jpeg filed accepted. Please scan into a PDF file for submission.
Once completed, please upload all required documents to your personalized SharePoint link that was sent with your confirmation email.