Make Waves for Cancer Research at Rush
Support Rush’s cancer researchers and clinicians on the beach and in the water: Sign up for the 2018 Swim Across America Chicago Open Water Swim, held July 21 at Ohio Street Beach.
Swim Across America is a national organization that raises money through swimming events in support of local cancer research facilities across the country. Since 2012 Swim Across America has directed proceeds from its Chicago swim events to the Rush University Cancer Center, leading to more than $1.5 million in total contributions to clinical cancer research at Rush over the last six events.
The funding supports several research projects concerning breast, colon, liver and lung cancers, among others.
Read more about the partnership between Rush and Swim Across America:
- Inspiring Swimmers From the Shore (a Rush cancer patient inspires participants)
- Detecting and Treating Cancer Earlier (a Rush researcher progresses in his work with the event's support)
- Fighting Cancer at the Beach (a Rush oncology nurse shares why she swims)
- Swimming in Support of Cancer Research (a Rush researcher sustains his efforts thanks to funding from the event)
- Seizing the Chance to Swim for Cancer Research (a Rush staff member shares how her lifelong passion for swimming led to getting involved with SAA Chicago)