Make this scrumptious strudel — a lighter twist on a German classic — part of your holiday celebration. It's a guilt-free indulgence, and you won't have to spend hours in the kitchen to impress your guests.
- 3 medium golden delicious apples, cored and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Saute apples, raisins, walnuts, apricot preserves, cinnamon, lemon juice and apple juice together until apples are soft.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first sheet. Repeat one more time (3 layers total).
- Cut the dough into 8 portions and shape each portion into the cup of a muffin baking tin. Spoon the filling into dough cups.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar once cool.
Serving Size: 1 individual strudel cup
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 120
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Dietary fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 42mg