Safe Care at Rush:
Rush has taken the necessary steps to ensure it's a safe place for treatment. Learn more.
About Rush Day Hospital
We treat anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions that interfere with your relationships or daily life. Treatment at the Rush Day Hospital is designed to help you with the following:
- Manage your symptoms
- Regulate your emotions
- Address self-esteem issues
- Deal with other people
- Cope with stress
- Adapt to new situations
- Prevent relapse
Our goal is to create an inclusive environment where differences are understood and valued.
Partial Hospitalization Program
Most patients begin with our partial hospitalization program:
- Takes place Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Includes group psychotherapy, medication management and daily activities
- Offers an alternative to — or transition from — inpatient treatment
Intensive Outpatient Program
Once you improve, you may transition to the intensive outpatient program:
- Takes place Monday through Friday, 8:45 a.m. to noon
- Includes three hours of group therapy a day, for as many as five days a week
- Helps you get back to your normal activities
- Prepares you to rebuild and maintain your relationships
When you start returning to your normal life, you can still drop in on group therapy:
- Takes place Monday through Friday, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Offers support and community during your transition
You can come to the Rush Day Hospital with any mental health concern, as long as you don't need to be supervised 24 hours a day.