Pediatric heart specialists at Rush provide personalized, compassionate care for congenital (present at birth) and acquired heart disorders. These doctors treat young patients of all ages, from fetuses and newborns to children, adolescents and teenagers.
Whenever possible, the specialists at Rush perform minimally invasive procedures to treat conditions such as atrial septal defects and patent ductus arteriosus. Compared to traditional open-heart surgery, these procedures offer the following benefits:
- Smaller incisions
- Shorter recovery times
- Less bleeding
- Lower risk of infection
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Convenient online appointment scheduling: Pediatric cardiologists at Rush are now accepting new patients. If your child is a new patient, you can make an appointment online with one of our pediatric cardiologists.
- Nationally recognized heart specialists: Pediatric cardiologists at Rush University Children’s Hospital are experts in treatment of complex heart disorders. They lead the way in bringing young patients the latest treatments, including minimally invasive procedures and innovative devices.
- Expert arrhythmia care for kids: Our dedicated Pediatric Electrophysiology Program offers specialists who conduct extensive research, including clinical trials. This allows our team to deliver new therapies and treatment options with compassionate care to our young patients.
- Personalized attention to improvement: With monitoring of pacemakers and defibrillators done wirelessly, you can rest assured that your child’s heart is in good hands. When your child’s heartbeat changes and calls for a medication adjustment, a doctor at Rush is alerted immediately.
- Care close to home: Pediatric cardiologists at Rush University Children’s Hospital see patients at a number of convenient locations. They are available to see patients at our Rush campus in Chicago, Rush Oak Park Hospital, Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora, and at satellite locations throughout the city and the suburbs, including Evergreen Park, Joliet, Hoffman Estates, Tinley Park and Crown Point, IN.