Clinical Trial TitleA phase 1 clinical trial to determine the feasibility of a human cortical visual prosthesis in people with blindness.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
Study of the safety and efficacy of wireless floating microelectrode arrays (WFMAs) implanted in the brain of blind individuals.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between 18-65 years of age.
- Have no light perception or bare light perception, in each eye, and no expectation of improvement through currently approved treatments.
- Have a history of normal or near-normal vision, with or without refractive correction, during at least the first 10 years of life.
- Have adjusted to blindness for at least one year.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have poor adjustment to blindness.
- Have an expectation of blindness restoration to pre-blindness level through trial participation.
- Have evidence of prior immune response to an orthopedic implant which caused the implant to be removed.
- Have an implant that would prevent screening using MRI, such as a pacemaker or similar implant.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.
Clinical Trial Investigator
RUSH University Medical Center
1620 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612