Clinical Trial TitleFORTE: An intervention-based study to determine optimal frequency of surveillance colonoscopies
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT05080673
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
FORTE is a randomized, interventional, clinical trial designed to determine how often patients who have had 1-2 benign polyps found on a recent colonoscopy should get subsequent follow-up colonoscopies. In answering this question, this trial hopes to aid in improving colorectal cancer prevention. A description of this clinical trial will be available at www.ClinicalTrials.gov, as required by U.S. law.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 50 to 70 years of age.
- Have a first-time diagnosis of 1-2 non-advanced tubular adenomas (or sessile serrated polyps/adenomas).
- Most recent colonoscopy must be a complete colonoscopy, with visualization of the cecum.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a prior history of colorectal cancer or colorectal adenomas.
- Have a history of previous cancers unless you have been disease-free for 5 or more years prior to randomization and are deemed by your physician to be at low risk for recurrence.
- Have family history of colorectal cancer diagnosed at greater than or equal to 60 years of age in a first degree relative.
- Have been diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.
Clinical Trial Investigator
Clinical Trial Location
RUSH University Medical Center
1620 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612