For patients who received a letter on improperly disclosed information by a claims processing vendor, read more.
Colonoscopy Research Study
The purpose of this study is to compare the gut microbiome and body composition in patients of different racial/ethnic backgrounds in an effort to learn more about the causes of colon cancer and the reason for differing rates of colon cancer among different racial and ethnic groups.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are scheduled for a colonoscopy at Rush University Medical Center for screening or surveillance purposes.
- Are between the ages of 45 and 75.
- Are relatively healthy: Have no chronic kidney, heart, or liver disease.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are currently taking prebiotics, probiotics, or fiber supplements; or antibiotics within the last 2 months.
- Are currently on an anticoagulant/blood thinner.
- Have had a menstrual period within the last 6 months.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.