Clinical Trial TitleComparing the Apple Watch to Zio Patch as a Long-Term Cardiac Monitor Alternative
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
This study aims to assess the clinical usefulness of the Apple Watch as a diagnostic and long-term monitoring tool for arrhythmias by evaluating how it prompts users to perform an ECG correlated to the Zio Patch’s detection of arrhythmia over 14 days in patients with paroxysmal or persistent episodes of atrial fibrillation.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are over 22 years of age. (This is the age the Apple Watch is approved for.)
- Are experiencing at least weekly episodes of atrial fibrillation.
- Can use Apple Watch after standardized instruction successfully.
- Have a Zio Patch prescription.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are unable to use Apple Watch after standardized instruction adequately.
- Have skin sensitivity to the Apple Watch or Zio Patch.
- Participants in which the Apple Watch and/or Zio Patch are unable to obtain accurate ECG readings.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.