- Most volunteers do one or more 4-hour shifts per week.
- Shifts and assignments stay the same from week to week.
- There are not always available opportunities in each service area. Applicants will be contacted when opportunities match applicant’s availability and interest area.
- Applicants are contacted in the order applications are received.
- Applications are kept for 3 months from application date.
All volunteers are required to complete necessary registration paperwork, an interview with the Volunteer Services Manager, and an orientation session prior to starting service.
In addition all volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Pass a criminal background check (18 years & older)
- Complete an initial 2-step TB test (performed free of charge by Rush Copley Family Medicine Center)
- Provide vaccination records for MMR, Varicella, and Tdap or have a blood titer drawn to verify immunity.
- Receive an annual flu shot
- Attend an annual training meeting offered through Volunteer Services
- Commit to 6 months of consecutive volunteer service or 100 hours whichever comes first