Looking for an easy-to-prepare, crowd-pleasing appetizer to kick off your Thanksgiving feast or holiday party? Try our spinach-artichoke stuffed mushrooms. These tasty starters are packed with flavor yet light on calories — so you and your guests can enjoy them without the guilt.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided in half
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 12 small brown mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ½ teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon thyme, divided
- 5 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 ounces canned artichokes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and about two-thirds of the garlic.
- Brush bottom side of the mushroom caps with the garlic oil. Sprinkle the mushrooms with pepper.
- Arrange the mushrooms oiled side up on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until tender (about 6 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and ½ teaspoon thyme. Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
- In another medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/3 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of thyme with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly into the mushroom caps and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden brown (about 6 to 8 minutes).
Serving Size: 3 mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 72
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Total carbohydrates: 6g
- Sodium: 167mg