Rush University Graduate Medical Education and the Rush Medical College Alumni Association are pleased to announce House Staff Appreciation Week on Feb. 22-26, 2021.
Our yearlong battle against the COVID-19 pandemic has been especially difficult for our graduate medical education programs. Despite these ongoing challenges, our residents and fellows have shown incredible resilience and have always put our patients and community first. Our trainees have not only staffed COVID-19 floors and ICUs, but many have volunteered to do so. When training has been affected, house staff have been flexible and have carried on with overwhelmingly positive attitudes.
To celebrate our trainees throughout the week, house staff committees and wellness stories will be highlighted on social media. In addition, meals will be provided to residents and fellows in the house staff lounge (482 Atrium Building) throughout the week on a first come, first serve basis:
- Monday, Feb. 22, 7:30 a.m. – Breakfast from Catering Out of the Box
- Monday, Feb. 22, Noon: Hot Cocoa/tea/coffee and pastries from Room 500
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, 11:30 a.m. – Lunch from Qdoba
- Wednesday, Feb. 24, 11:30 a.m. – Lunch from Jason’s Deli
- Wednesday, Feb. 24, 4:30 p.m. – Dinner from Jason’s Deli
- Thursday, Feb. 25, 11:30 a.m. – Lunch from Connie’s Pizza
- Thursday, Feb. 25, 4:30 p.m. – Dinner from Room 500
- Friday Feb. 26, 7:30 a.m. – Breakfast from Catering Out of the Box
The week will culminate with Thank a Resident/Fellow Day on Friday, Feb. 26. Trainees can stop by the GME office (403 Armour Academic Center) to pick up Rush swag and popcorn from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
“We are incredibly grateful for our trainees and couldn’t have gotten through COVID without them,” said Mashonda Daniels, director of graduate medical education. “You all are the true superheroes, and we hope this week exemplifies our gratitude for your hard work, dedication, and persistence as health care professionals during such difficult times.”
To see social media highlights throughout the week, follow #RushGMEAppreciationWeek, as well as Rush GME (Twitter) and Rush Medical College (Twitter and Instagram).
*The photo of residents from the Department of Emergency Medicine was taking during a retreat before the COVID-19 pandemic.