Becoming a Patient
A referral is required for admission to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at Rush Copley. If you or a loved one would like to seek admission, please call the admission coordinator at (630) 898-6481 or (630) 499-4732.
Medical professionals referring a patient will be asked send the following information via fax to (630) 978-6846:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Physician progress notes and orders
- Therapy notes
- Nursing notes
- Current laboratory results
- Current list of medications
- Diagnostic test results
This information is important when considering the need of services. The admission coordinator will review the information with our medical director. We will then call you to discuss admission or other alternatives.
- Physician order and referral is needed.
- Patient must be neurologically and medically stable.
- Patient must need 2 disciplines to qualify for in-patient rehab area - physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology.
- Patient is able to participate in three hours of combined therapies per day.
- Patient is cognitively alert.
- Functional improvement of patient's condition is anticipated in a reasonable amount of time.
- Patient needs and has the potential to benefit from comprehensive, individualized and interdisciplinary rehabilitation services.