Rush Copley Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center
Rush Copley Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center specializes in providing medical care to women who are considered high risk. The center is equipped to diagnose and manage maternal and fetal complications that may happen during pregnancy.
- Preconception Counseling: Prepare for a good, healthy start before pregnancy and examine potential problems in future pregnancies through general health and nutrition. This includes ultrasound and genetic testing, such as amniocentesis, chorionic villi sampling, etc.
- Obstetrical Ultrasound: For the diagnosis of fetal growth and health. Extensive studies are done to diagnose fetal structural growth abnormalities.
- Diabetes Care: Management of diabetes and pregnancy; includes instruction on self care and nutritional counseling.
- Genetics Counseling: Meet with a genetics physician to discuss risks of genetic issues due to an existing condition, family history or previous pregnancy.
Women Who May Be At Risk
- Women over the age of 35.
- Women who have medical problems such as diabetes, hypertension, heart, kidney or liver disease.
- Pregnant mothers who are expecting multiple babies.
- Moms who have experienced pre-term births.