Specialists at the Cystic Fibrosis Center at Rush diagnose, treat and manage all aspects of cystic fibrosis in children and adults. They focus on preventive care and managing symptoms and disease progression.
The Cystic Fibrosis Center at Rush is one of three cystic fibrosis centers in the country to receive an award for outstanding partnership from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
The center offers the following comprehensive cystic fibrosis services:
- Nutrition counseling
- Administering IV antibiotics, in the hospital or at home
- Aggressively treating pulmonary exacerbations and other illnesses
- Screening for newborns
- Sweat testing
- Genetic counseling
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Dedicated care team: The center takes a team approach to care. Members of your child's care team meet at least once a week to discuss your child's treatment and any adjustments needed to help improve your child's quality of life.
- Accredited center: The Rush Cystic Fibrosis Center, which is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF), includes both pediatric and adult cystic fibrosis clinics to provide inpatient and outpatient care for patients of all ages. The center is also one of three cystic fibrosis centers in the country to receive an award for outstanding partnership from the CFF.
- Smooth transition of care: By specializing in treating both children and adults with cystic fibrosis, specialists in the Rush Cystic Fibroris Center work with you, your child and each other to seamlessly transition care as your child nears adulthood. This will help ensure that your child continues to receive the most effective, personalized care throughout every age.
- Dedicated lab for pediatric patients: The pediatric pulmonary function laboratory at Rush offers specialized lung function testing for children from three to 18 years of age. It’s one of only a handful laboratories in Illinois dedicated to evaluating and testing children with lung disorders.