As we begin to reopen Rush University Medical Center for elective procedures and in-person care, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.
The purpose of this study is to learn about the possible causes of stroke or TIA in individuals that have a narrowed brain artery.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have stroke symptoms lasting over 24 hours or transient ischemic attack (TIA).
- Have atherosclerosis of intracranial arteries.
- Are at least 30 years old.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have an allergy to gadolinium (MRI contrast).
- Have had angioplasty/stent preformed or planned on targeted vessel.
- Have other cause of stroke (non-atherosclerotic).
- Have any contraindications for MRI.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.