For patients who received a letter on improperly disclosed information by a claims processing vendor, read more.
The purpose of this study is to learn about the possible causes of stroke or TIA in individuals that have a narrowed brain artery.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have stroke symptoms lasting over 24 hours or transient ischemic attack (TIA).
- Have atherosclerosis of intracranial arteries.
- Are at least 30 years old.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have an allergy to gadolinium (MRI contrast).
- Have had angioplasty/stent preformed or planned on targeted vessel.
- Have other cause of stroke (non-atherosclerotic).
- Have any contraindications for MRI.
This is a partial list of inclusion and exclusion criteria.