Clinical Trial TitleRandomized Trial of EUS-guided Gastrojejunostomy and Surgical Gastrojejunostomy in Gastric Outlet Obstruction
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT05548114
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
This is a randomized, intervention-based clinical trial that aims to compare the clinical outcomes between surgical gastrojejunostomy and EUS-guided gastrojejunostomy in patients with malignant gastric outlet obstruction. A description of this clinical trial will be available at www.ClinicalTrials.gov, as required by U.S. law.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Have presence of gastric outlet obstruction on any imaging or endoscopy from known or suspected malignancy. Have a gastric outlet obstruction Scoring System (GOOSS) of ≤ 1 (defined as maximum oral intake of liquids only)
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Are less than 18 years of age.
- Have intrauterine pregnancy.
- Require use of anticoagulants that cannot be discontinued for the procedure.
- Are unable to obtain consent for the procedure from either the patient or LAR.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.
Clinical Trial Investigator
Clinical Trial Location
RUSH University Medical Center
1620 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612