Clinical Trial TitleAdalimumab vs. conventional immunosuppression for uveitis trial (ADVISE).
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT03828019
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
Non-infectious intermediate, posterior, and panuveitides are chronic, potentially-blinding diseases. Vision-threatening cases require long-term therapy with oral corticosteroids and immunosuppression. Based upon preliminary data, adalimumab, a fully-human, anti-TNF-α monoclonal antibody, now US FDA-approved for uveitis treatment, may be a superior corticosteroid-sparing agent than conventional immunosuppressive drugs. The ADVISE Trial is multicenter randomized, parallel-treatment, comparative effectiveness trial comparing adalimumab to conventional (small molecule) immunosuppression for corticosteroid spring in the treatment of non-infectious, intermediate, posterior, and panuveitides.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are 13 years of age or older.
- Weigh 30 kg (66 lbs) or more.
- Have active or recently active (≤ 60 days) non-infectious intermediate, posterior or panuveitis.
- Prednisone indication meets one of the following:
- Active uveitis requiring one of the following i. Initiation of prednisone at dose greater than 7.5 mg/day ii. Increasing prednisone dose to greater than 7.5 mg/day iii. Currently receiving dose greater than 7.5 mg/day.
- Inactive uveitis on current dose greater 7.5 mg/day.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.