Established in 1973 by the Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Nurses Alumni Association, the Golden Lamp Society celebrates individuals and families who support Rush University College of Nursing and its students with annual gifts of $300 or more. Members who contribute $1,000 or more each year are also recognized through membership in Rush’s Anchor Cross Society.
Golden Lamp Society member contributions allow us to train highly qualified nurse leaders, able to treat patients with complex and varying needs.
Enhancing nursing education and practice
Golden Lamp Society members provide vital philanthropic support of college initiatives, including educational and research opportunities for students:
- Scholarships for students who would otherwise be unable to attend Rush
- Support for students to work within the community while honing their health care skills with hands-on experience at the Rush Community Service Initiatives Program
- Opportunities for students to present at professional conferences
- Support of students through professional speakers and networking receptions, where experts discuss important issues in nursing
Member recognition and privileges
To best recognize your generosity, Rush now gratefully offers a variety of member privileges, tailored by level of giving:
- Chairman’s Circle ($25,000+)
- Visionary ($10,000 - $24,999)
- Innovator ($5,000 - $9,999)
- Partner ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Friend ($1,000 - $2,499)
- Member ($300 - $999)
Questions? Interested in joining the Golden Lamp Society today? Contact a member of our Annual Giving team at (312) 942-6112 or make your GLS gift online.