United by their commitment to Rush’s mission, the Rush Associates Board is a group of professionals who serve as emerging corporate and civic leaders in the greater Chicago area. Rush associates act as ambassadors for Rush University Medical Center, sharing a common goal to advance Rush’s patient care, encourage groundbreaking medical research and reach out in service to the surrounding Chicago community.
Health care philanthropy and service opportunities in Chicago
The Rush Associates Board is looking for civic-minded professionals who are eager and willing to assist with our various philanthropic, educational and community outreach efforts throughout the year, including our annual Casino Night. In its first seven years, this fun, philanthropic event has raised more than $1 million for a number of critical programs at Rush:
- Children's cancer and emergency care
- Kidney, heart and orthopedics research
- The Reneé Schine Crown Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Rush
- Local and global community service iniatives
- Rush's programs for veterans, the Road Home Program: The Center for Veterans and Their Families and the EN-Abled Veterans Technology Training Program, preparing veterans for careers in health technology
Rush associates are active in our community through efforts like helping to teach pregnant and parenting teens from Simpson Academy School for Young Women about mindful financial planning and nutrition and the board's work contributing to Rush's school-based health centers at Simpson and other schools on Chicago's West Side.
Associates also spread the word about the good work being done at Rush. They encourage family and friends to consider Rush for their health care and invite guests to special events like our Rush Rounds educational series, where experts from Rush speak about the latest health care innovations and field attendees' questions.
Networking, mentoring and civic leadership experiences
The Rush Associates Board offers members a range of enriching opportunities, including the following:
- Industry insight and education on emerging health care trends, innovations and policies, coupled with updates on the latest implications of health care legislation
- Networking and access opportunities for members to enhance their contact with other professionals, as well as a chance to meet Rush leadership, physicians, trustees and Chicago- area civic and business leaders
- Mentoring opportunities with members of the Rush Board of Trustees, who provide professional advice, guidance in volunteer leadership, and assistance building associates’ networks and community engagement
- Direct impact on Rush’s people and programs and the surrounding community through ongoing philanthropy and volunteerism
Ways to support the Rush Associates Board
The Rush Associates Board depends on the generosity of dedicated friends, grateful patients and civic-minded Chicagoans to support the people and critical programs of Rush University Medical Center.
There are many ways to give to the Rush Associates Board:
- Make a gift online — All gifts help our mission of supporting innovative research programs.
- Become a sponsor — Being a sponsor means receiving numerous benefits when you make a gift. Contact Michelle Boardman at email@example.com to learn more.
- Make a gift by mail or phone — Gifts may be directed to:
Rush Associates Board
1201 W. Harrison St., Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607-3319
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Questions? Contact Michelle Boardman, director of auxiliary groups, at (312) 942-6884 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.