Compassionate health care starts with compassionate people.
At RUSH, we know it’s the talent of our outstanding health care team that allows us to make excellence our starting point. Our Employee Referral Program offers substantial incentives for you to refer people you know for hard-to-fill positions. Once the candidate you refer has completed six months of employment, you’ll receive a referral bonus. Please note that you can only refer candidates for positions at a hospital where you are an employee.
Eligible Positions at RUSH University Medical Center
You can only refer candidates for positions at RUSH University Medical Center if you are an employee at RUSH University Medical Center. Positions listed are the only positions eligible for bonus at this time.
$12,000 bonus (RNs within oncology infusion)
$10,000 bonus (RNs outside of oncology infusion)
Excludes RN Residency, RN new grads and Per Diem
- Ambulatory Clinic
- Adult Critical Care
- Clinical Staffing Office
- Case Management
- Medical / Surgical
- Women & Children’s
- Cath Lab
- OR / PACU
Techs and Technologists
Clinical Research Coordinators
Sr. Clinical Research Coordinators
Clinical Research Coordinators
Assoc. Clinical Research Coordinators
Clinical Research Associates
Clinical Laboratory Scientists (all levels)
Clinical and Health Information Staff
Excludes Per Diem Physician Assistants and Respiratory Therapists
Health Information Staff
Coding Compliance Coordinators
Speech Language Pathologists
Laboratory Professional Staff
Techs, Technologists and Medical Assistants
Patient Care Technicians
Rules and Eligibility
- Referral bonuses are not available for leaders (directors and above) and Human Resources employees referring candidates within their respective departments.
- Employees involved in the hiring decision for a particular position are not eligible for a referral bonus for that position.
- Referrals from agency or current contract staff who have current work assignments with RUSH University Medical Center or have ended a work assignment within the preceding two years are not eligible to be candidates in this program.
- Candidates must be referred by a current RUSH University Medical Center or RUSH Oak Park Hospital employee. Candidates cannot be current employees of RUSH University Medical Center/RUSH Oak Park Hospital or have been employed by either institution in the preceding two years.
- Both the referring employee and the referred employee must be employed by either RUSH University Medical Center or RUSH Oak Park Hospital at the time of payout (six months after hire).
- Referral bonus eligibility is for a RUSH University Medical Center employee referring a RUSH University Medical Center candidate or a RUSH Oak Park Hospital employee referring a RUSH Oak Park Hospital candidate. Employees can refer candidates for the other institution but will not qualify for referral bonus.
- Bonus amounts will be pro-rated at 50% for part-time positions.
- Only one referral bonus can be given per candidate. If a candidate is referred by more than one employee, the first referral received will be the one awarded if the candidate is hired.
- In order to receive the referral bonus, the referring employee's name must be entered by the candidate on the online application.
- All referral bonus payouts are subject to applicable tax withholdings.
- In order to receive the referral bonus, the referring employee must submit the referral form prior to an offer being extended in order to be eligible for a payout.
- Eligible positions will be determined by Human Resources according to current organizational needs.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on the job requirements and competencies. Human Resources reserves the right to determine if an individual meets the qualifications of the position.
- Based on market conditions and hiring needs, RUSH reserves the right to amend, interpret, terminate or suspend this program at any time.
If you have any questions about the Employee Referral Program, please email us at: email@example.com