Online access to your health record
Many patients at Rush can access to their health record online through MyChart.
What you can do in MyChart
- Access medical history and immunization records
- View test results
- Find out detailed information about the medications your doctor prescribes and the medications you're currently taking
- Send messages to your care team
- Pay your medical bills
- Schedule appointments
How to get access
Both outpatients and inpatients can access to MyChart by filling out an Access Request form. If you include your email address on the form, Rush will email your activation code. Fill out the form and then email or fax the form to the Health Information Management Office:
Fax: (312) 942-5549.
- Contact your health care providers’ office to find out if they are on MyChart.
- If they are, you'll need to visit your physicians' office to get an activation code that will allow you to sign up. You cannot get a code over the phone.
- Before you leave the hospital, you will receive an activation code to sign up for MyChart. You’ll find this code on the last page of your discharge instructions
For all patients
- To sign up, log on to mychart.rush.edu and enter your activation code.
- Once you sign up for MyChart, you can log in any time at mychart.rush.edu or via the MyChart mobile app.
For help with MyChart
If you have questions about MyChart, please call the MyChart Helpline at (312) 563-6600.
For medical emergencies
Please do not use MyChart to send messages requiring immediate attention.
For urgent medical matters:
- Contact your health care provider’s office by phone.
- Call 911.
- Go to the nearest emergency room in the event of an emergency.
Rush care, on-demand
Get convenient care from home for COVID-19 concerns, cold/flu, UTI, seasonal allergies, minor injuries and more with on-demand video visits. Download the My Rush app to get started, or click here to learn more.