- We encourage you to wear comfortable clothes and good walking shoes, as you will be out of your room most of the day.
- You will receive therapy every day, including weekends depending on your individual needs. This may include occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech-language pathology.
- Your rehab doctor (physiatrist) will manage your care during your rehabilitation stay, and will consult with primary care physicians and specialists as needed.
- We are an academic medical center — or teaching hospital — so students may be involved in your care when training under our expert staff.
- Your team will meet weekly to develop a collaborative plan that helps you achieve your rehabilitative goals. The rehab doctor or care manager will discuss these meetings with you.
- Discharge planning will begin the first day of your admission to rehab to best facilitate a smooth transition back home. The care manager will work with you and your family to coordinate any discharge needs, such as additional therapy after rehab or need for placements other than your primary residence.
- Family and friends are encouraged to attend therapy sessions, and visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
For patients who received a letter on improperly disclosed information by a claims processing vendor, read more.