Diagnosing lung and breathing problems early can help children get the treatment they need to live a healthy life.
- The lab at Rush is one of few laboratories in Chicago that offers diagnostic testing for kids ages 3 to 18 with lung disorders.
- It is an IOS system, which allows for early diagnosis of asthma in children as young as 3. This can provide your child with access to early intervention and individualized asthma management plans.
The lab offers the following services:
- Exercise testing for exercise-induced asthma
- Early asthma diagnosis
- Full pulmonary function testing
- Comprehensive pulmonary function testing for cystic fibrosis
- Impulse oscillometry
- Inpatient spirometry
- Cold air challenge
- Home ventilator titration and management