Social Work and Community Health team members are leaders in national professional organizations that promote educational and applied research initiatives in aging. Social Work and Community Health promotes and supports the development of practitoners in aging through departmental internship opportunities.
Social Work and Community Health offers training opportunities for individuals interested in becoming facilitators of its evidence-based health promotion programming, including Take Charge of Your Health, Take Charge of Your Diabetes and A Matter of Balance. For more information, contact Grisel Rodriguez-Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 942-2093.
Social Work and Community Health offers internship opportunities for master's degree-level students in social work and public health. For more information, please contact Elizabeth Cummings at email@example.com or (312) 942-3987.
- Aging Care Connections
- Chicago Bridge
- Community Memorial Foundation
- Department of Preventive Medicine at Rush
- Department of Health Systems Management at Rush
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
- Council for Social Work Education GeroEd Center
- Social Work Leadership Institute at New York Academy of Medicine
- Loyola University School of Social Work
- University of Illinois at Chicago School of Social Work
- University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
- University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- American Society on Aging
- Gerontological Society of America
- Latino Social Workers Organization
- National Association of Social Workers