Rush Health and Aging team members are leaders in national professional organizations that promote educational and applied research initiatives in aging. RHA promotes and supports the development of practitoners in aging through departmental internship opportunities.
Rush Health and Aging offers training opportunities for individuals interested in becoming facilitators of its evidence-based health promotion programming, including Take Charge of Your Health, Take Charge of Your Diabetes and A Matter of Balance. For more information, contact Robin McConney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 942-8118.
Rush Health and Aging offers internship opportunities for master's degree-level students in social work and public health. To learn more, please contact Anne Millheiser at email@example.com or (312) 947-0466.
Geriatric Interdisciplinary Team Training
The Rush Geriatric Interdisciplinary Team Training Program brings together trainees from 12 different disciplines to learn in both clinical and classroom settings the skills necessary to provide the best in collaborative care for older adults.
Social Work Age Training (SWAT)
SWAT is a program designed to provide education and skill building for social workers and those affiliated with the profession around the unique aspects of working with an older adult population.
National Coalition of Care Coordination
Patients and their families benefit when hospital- and community-based providers work together to ensure their range of medical and social needs are being addressed. Rush has long been involved in developing and implementing innovative care coordination models with the Rush community. In demonstration of Rush’s dedication to improved patient care, Rush co-hosts the National Coalition on Care Coordination, a national group of providers, advocates and policymakers that works to improve the quality of care for individuals through support for care coordination in health and social sectors.
- Aging Care Connections
- Chicago Bridge
- Community Memorial Foundation
- Department of Preventive Medicine at Rush
- Department of Health Systems Management at Rush
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
- Council for Social Work Education GeroEd Center
- Social Work Leadership Institute at New York Academy of Medicine
- Loyola University School of Social Work
- University of Illinois at Chicago School of Social Work
- University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
- University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- American Society on Aging
- Gerontological Society of America
- Latino Social Workers Organization
- National Association of Social Workers