Let's Walk Together
Join Rush, the American Medical Association and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois along with our West Side neighbors as we walk for improved health throughout the summer. Although we’re unable to walk in Garfield Park (yet), we can still come together as a virtual community to improve health, promote wellness and stay connected through social media.
We'll connect communities via Zoom. You will receive your link via email prior to the walk.
- Where: Your park - your neighborhood - your community
- When: Every Saturday morning for seven weeks at 8 a.m., beginning July 10 through August 21.
- How to register: Registration is required, simply click on this link “WALK Registration”. You will only need to register once. If you have questions or need more information, please email Walk4Wellness@Rush.edu.
- Bonus: The first 250 registered walkers will receive a free T-shirt, stainless steel water bottle, and more. And a raffle will be held at the end of each walk. Participate for a chance to win prizes each week (valued at $25 to $100).
- 7:45 a.m.: Walk check-in – Zoom/Facebook
- 8:05 a.m.: Health Wellness discussion
- 8:15 a.m.: Begin Your Walk
- Raffles & Prizes for participants who walked - announced on Facebook Live (following our walk each Saturday)
Join the Kindness Around the Globe Challenge!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to the Challenge winners on August 21
Welcome to an activity challenge meant to inspire the spirit of kindness within all of us. In this challenge, we're going to be traveling the world and learning about ways in which people around the world show generosity and empathy to one another. We'll also learn practical ways we can all contribute to making a kinder world.
Let’s try to stay active, healthy, and inspired. Your goal is to walk an average of 10,000 steps/activity* day during the challenge, from July 10 through August 20.
To register for the Kindness Around the Globe Challenge visit https://ww4w.walkertracker.com/ to connect your device and join the challenge!
*The walker tracker will convert activities to steps
Thank you to our sponsors
The West Side Walk for Wellness is sponsored by the Rush Office of Community Health Equity and Engagement under the direction of Vice President of Community Health Equity, Darlene Hightower, JD, and David Ansell, MD, senior vice president, Community Health Equity, with the support of the American Medical Association and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. The walks support our anchor mission to improve community health and economic vitality in the diverse neighborhoods we serve.