As part of Rush University Medical Center’s mission to provide comprehensive, coordinated health care to our patients, we offer several financial assistance programs to help patients with their health care costs.
Qualifying for financial assistance
As of January 1, 2015, our financial counselors or customer service representatives will perform a financial assessment to determine which one of the following programs is the best fit for you:
- Financial assistance (charity care)/full write-off: Your hospital bill can be discounted up to 100 percent if your income is 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (family size adjusted) or less.
- Limited income program: The hospital will provide a 75 percent discount on services if your family income is between 301 and 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Self-pay discount: Rush offers Illinois residents a 33 to 68 percent discount to all self-pay patients, depending on family income. Rush offers a 33 percent discount to all self-pay, out-of-state residents.
- Payment plans: Financial counselors or customer service representatives will work with you to determine an appropriate monthly payment plan that works for your financial situation.
- Presumptive charity care: Rush covers some of your medical costs if you are already a patient at Rush and your family income is below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This program is for patients who are uninsured. We will determine your eligibility for each episode of care.
- For more information about our new financial assistance policies at Rush, view our 2015 Financial Assistance Summary.
- For more information about the Federal Poverty Guidelines, view the Federal Register of poverty guidelines.
- Financial counselors: (312) 942-5967, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Customer service representatives: (312) 942-5693 or (866) 761-7812, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be evaluated for financial assistance programs, download and complete the Financial Assistance Application.
After filling out the form, please mail it to:
Rush University Medical Center
1700 W. Van Buren St., Suite 161
Chicago, IL 60612