If you have unwanted, unused or expired medications in your home, you can dispose of them safely and anonymously at Rush. Medication collection boxes are in the following locations:
- The pedestrian bridge from the visitor parking garage to the Atrium Building
- The fourth floor of Armour Academic Center near the ATMs
- The first floor of the Professional Building near the valet desk, next to the ATM.
The following substances are accepted for disposal in the boxes:
- Prescriptions (Schedule II-V controlled and non-controlled substances)
- Over the counter medications
- Pet medications
- Prescription patches
The following items are not accepted:
- Needles and syringes
- Aerosol cans
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Lotions and liquids
The contents of the container are not audited or inventoried in any way. Rush works with a licensed vendor that will incinerate any medications we receive.